Wrinkles between the eyebrows are some of the first signs of aging to appear. These lines are often referred to as frown lines or worry lines, because they can make you look annoyed, sad, or upset, even when you aren’t. If you want to reduce these lines and have your appearance more accurately reflect your mood, you might consider a Xeomin® treatment.
At Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates, we understand cosmetic injectables and how they perform near the eye area. In fact, the active ingredient in Xeomin was discovered by an ophthalmologist.
Schedule your consultation with us today at 732-349-5622 to discuss how this treatment can revitalize your appearance. We welcome patients from Toms River, Brick, and nearby areas of New Jersey.
What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin is an injectable wrinkle relaxer that is very refined. It has been approved by the FDA for treating the appearance of moderate to severe lines between the brows.
Frown lines, also known as “elevens” due to their appearance, form over time due to your facial muscles contracting beneath your skin. Xeomin prevents the muscles from contracting, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles by allowing the skin to relax.
This treatment has been proven safe and effective in clinical studies and is now widely used. More than 84,000 people worldwide have received Xeomin injections.
Benefits of Xeomin
There are many benefits to receiving Xeomin injections, including that it:
- Reduces the appearance of frown lines
- Can be completed in a short amount of time (10 to 20 minutes)
- Can be repeated for maximum results
- Can show results in as little as a few days that last for up to six months
- Contains no additives
- Has no recovery time
- Can prevent wrinkles from developing
Candidates for Xeomin
A personalized consultation with our ophthalmologists is the best way to determine your candidacy. Generally speaking, ideal candidates for Xeomin:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have moderate to severe lines between the eyebrows
- Should not be receiving other botulinum treatments at the time of treatment
- Don’t have a history of adverse reactions to cosmetic injections
What to Expect from A Xeomin Treatment
The treatment involves injecting Xeomin near your frown lines. This process can be completed in 10-20 minutes from the comfort of our beautiful facilities. There is no downtime after your treatment, allowing you to carry on with your day. However, you should avoid rubbing or applying heat to the area.
Your results may be visible within a few days, though improvement is typically seen one week after treatment. The effects can last anywhere from three to six months. You might consider scheduling follow-up treatments with Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates to maintain your results for a longer time period.
Xeomin vs. BOTOX® Cosmetic
Most people are familiar with BOTOX®, another injectable wrinkle relaxer. The two treatments are very similar. Xeomin and BOTOX® both:
- Smooth the appearance of the skin by preventing muscle contractions
- Are approved for cosmetic use by the FDA
- Are comparable in strength and diffusion
However, there are several differences to be aware of including:
- Xeomin is more purified and has no additives. This means that there is less of a risk of your body developing antibodies against it, which may make it more effective.
- Results from Xeomin may have a more gradual onset than BOTOX®, which is attractive to some patients.
Schedule a Consultation with Our New Jersey Ophthalmologists
If you are considering a Xeomin treatment, please schedule a consultation with us today at 732-349-5622. We serve Toms River, Brick, Manchester, Mount Laurel, and nearby areas of New Jersey.