Dr. Anil Birdi is Board Certified and Certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Birdi is a comprehensive ophthalmologist highly skilled in ophthalmic microsurgery with a special emphasis in cataract and refractive surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and the American Society of Corneal and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS).
Dr. Birdi is very excited to be a part of the team at Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates and is dedicated to providing compassionate eye care for his patients. He pays extra attention to detail and has a special interest in utilizing cutting-edge technology to provide the best possible outcomes for his patients.
As a comprehensive ophthalmologist, Dr. Birdi sees patients for routine eye exams and the evaluation and management of diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eyes, and cataracts. In addition to cataract and refractive surgery, Dr. Birdi also performs surgery for glaucoma, pterygium, and eyelids.
His education and professional training include:
- Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering from Case Western Reserve University
- Doctorate of Medicine from The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internship in preliminary medicine at Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Ophthalmology resident at Temple University Hospital
- Rotations at the Wills Eye Hospital