If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have vision problems but don’t want the hassle of wearing glasses, we offer contact lenses that can help. At Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates, we provide multiple types of corrective lenses to help you see the world clearer. Our physicians have extensive knowledge and experience to help with whatever vision problem you may have and are dedicated to providing you with exceptional patient care.
If you or someone you love may be in need of contact lenses, contact us at (732) 349-5622 to schedule an appointment today. We have four convenient locations in Manalapan Township, Toms River, Brick, and Barnegat, New Jersey.
Contacts We Offer
Here at Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates, we provide patients with quality care for all vision problems and offer contact lens solutions for your specific needs. Our highly-trained eye doctors will answer all of your questions and educate you on how to insert and remove your contacts, as well as care and cleaning techniques so that you can feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. Contact lens types we offer include:
Soft Contacts: Soft lenses are the most common contacts that people choose to wear. They are generally made of a flexible plastic, including silicone hydrogel. These lenses are more comfortable than hard lenses but are more fragile. They only require a multipurpose solution for cleaning.
- Daily-wear lenses: These contacts are taken out at night and reinserted in the morning.
- Extended-wear lenses: These contacts can be worn all day and night and only need cleaned every few days.
- Disposable lenses: These contacts are designed to be worn for a few weeks and then disposed for new contacts. Daily-use disposable lenses are also available.
- Multifocal lenses: These lenses are for those who require enhancement for both near and far vision.
- Mono-vision lenses: These lenses are made specifically to treat one eye for seeing near and the other eye for seeing far. These are generally prescribed to people over 40, when vision naturally begins to fade.
Hard Contacts: Less popular than soft contacts, these lenses are more rigid and made of a gas-permeable material that lets oxygen reach the eye’s cornea. These are generally used to correct refractive errors, including astigmatism.
- Conventional hard lenses (PMMA): Made of polymethyl methacrylate, these are inexpensive and durable but can be uncomfortable compared to other contacts.
- Rigid gas-permeable lenses (RGP): These contacts generally cost more than conventional lenses, are more comfortable, but are less durable.
Brands We Carry
At our office we offer contact lenses from many major brands including, but not limited to:
- Bausch & Lomb
- Air Optix
- Cooper Vision
Am I a Candidate for Contact Lenses?
If you enjoy an active lifestyle which makes wearing glasses difficult, contact lenses can be a great solution. Contacts are also great for those who need assistance seeing but don’t want to wear glasses. But while contacts can be a great alternative to glasses or fixing certain vision ailments, they are not always a great fit for everyone.
After your eye exam, our physicians assess your specific situation and determine if contact lenses are a good fit for you. Contact lenses are a great solution for those who are not a candidate for LASIK or who don’t want to undergo the LASIK procedure. Contacts may be a good solution for those who:
- Have trouble seeing things at distance and need vision correction all the time
- Perform work or play sports that make wearing glasses inconvenient
- Are committed to the proper storage and handling of contacts
- Are not candidates for LASIK
Conversely, contacts may not be a good fit if you:
- Have problems with your cornea or dry eyes
- Have chronic eye infections
- Have a job in which you are subjected to particles, chemical fumes, or other vapors. Note: you may still wear contacts but they may need to be removed if working in this type of environment.
We also offer many services if your vision problems require more care than prescription contact lenses can provide.
Contact a New Jersey Eye Care Professional Today
If you’re suffering from vision-related issues and believe you may benefit from wearing contacts, call Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates at (732) 349-5622 to schedule an eye exam today. We are committed to helping you see the world more clearly. We have offices in Manalapan Township, Toms River, Brick, and Barnegat, New Jersey.