Not everyone is eligible for laser vision correction. If you’re over 50 and have trouble focusing on nearby or faraway objects, clear lens exchange may be a better fit.
Also known as refractive lens exchange or refractive lensectomy, clear lens exchange is a safe and long-lasting way to improve your eyesight. It can reduce your dependence on glasses or contact lenses using the same proven techniques of modern cataract surgery.
You may be a candidate for clear lens exchange if you:
- Have healthy eyes: Good eye health is a requirement for most vision correction surgeries. If you suffer from certain eye diseases, you may be a poor candidate for this procedure. The same goes for medical conditions that affect the health of your eyes.
- Suffer from refractive errors: Refractive errors occur when the shape of the eye makes it hard to see clearly. Clear lens exchange can treat all refractive errors, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), presbyopia (age-related loss of near vision), and astigmatism.
- Want to enjoy clear vision at all distances: You can experience sharp vision at a variety of ranges when you replace the natural lens of your eye with a premium IOL. We carry accommodative, trifocal, and multifocal options to meet your unique needs.
- Want to reduce or eliminate your need for glasses and contacts: Whether you hate fussing with contacts or find that readers and prescription glasses get in the way of your active lifestyle, refractive lens exchange may be the ideal solution.
- Are interested in preventing cataracts: Cataracts are very common among older people. If you have a refractive lensectomy now, you won’t need cataract surgery in the future.
- Are not a candidate for LASIK, PRK, or phakic IOLs: Many factors can make you ineligible for some of the more common vision correction procedures. These factors include age, dry eye, thin corneas, and high refractive errors. If you don’t qualify for LASIK, PRK, or phakic IOLs, refractive lens exchange may be a great alternative.
Schedule a Refractive Lens Exchange Consultation Today
Our board-certified ophthalmologists have performed clear lens exchange for many satisfied patients. Schedule a consultation at 732-349-5622 to learn if this procedure is right for you. Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates has offices in Manalapan Township, Brick, Toms River, and Barnegat, New Jersey.